Child Protection

A copy of our Child Protection Guidelines is available by clicking below:

Concerned about a child? Tell someone what your concerns are - speak to a teacher, a doctor, a health visitor, a social worker, a police officer, a youth worker or nursery staff. 

For General Enquiries please contact 

Alternatively to discuss a concern you may have please contact any of the numbers below:

Children's Services Area Offices

  • Alness & Invergordon, Osprey House, Alness Point Business Park, Alness, IV17 OUP - 01349 886909
  • Golspie, The Highland Council, Drummuie, Golspie, Sutherland, KW10 6TA - 01408 635360
  • Inverness West Family Team Kinmylies Building, Leachkin Road, Inverness, IV3 8NN - 01463 256120 – covering the Associated School Group’s of Charleston Academy, Glenurquhart High School and Inverness High School.
  • Inverness East and Nairnshire Family Team - Nairn Town & County Hospital, Cawdor Rd, Nairn, IV12 5EE - 01667 453951- covering the Associated School Group’s of Culloden Academy and Nairn Academy.
  • Inverness Central Badenoch and Strathspey Family Team - 5 Ardross Street, Inverness, IV3 5NN - 01463 252999 – covering the Associated School Group’s of Inverness Royal Academy, Millburn Academy, Kingussie High School and Grantown Grammar School.
  • Lochaber, Fulton House, Gordon Square, Fort William, PH33 6XY - 01397 707025
  • Mid & West Ross-shire, 4 Fodderty Way, Business Park, Dingwall, IV15 9XB - 01349 868700
  • Skye & Lochalsh, Tigh-na-Drochaid, Bridge Rd, Portree, SKYE, IV51 9ER - 01478 612943
  • Tain, Scotsburn Road, Tain, IV19 1PR - 01862 893021
  • Caithness House, Market Square Wick tel 01955 609611
  • Emergency out of hours service - 08457 697284
Children's Disability Service - North  will, as appropriate and subject to available specialists, assist and lead on Child Protection work as agreed between the Children's Disability Team Manager and the relevant Children's Service Team Manager - 01349 861508

Police Scotland Public Protection Unit, N Division, (Highland & Islands)

  • Please contact Police Scotland on 101

Child Protection Advisors